7.5.10

kinda ready.


Yesterday, while prepping for a final, I had a realization. In the warmness of a perfect spring day, while sitting under the shade of mammoth trees in the heart of campus, feeling the wind flit across my face, I understood that I am ready to leave school. Baylor has done what it was meant to do; it has challenged and changed me. I understand that to stay, would be to linger in a world that has become all too comfortable. To stay would mean sinking down, instead of rising up to new challenges and adventures. Therefore, for all of those reasons, I'm ready to leave college.

However, that doesn't mean that I'm not grappling with the brittle truth that I am about to leave many dearly loved people. Knowing that I won't get to experience certain people in my day to day life after graduation is basically heart-wrenching. I wish I had a positive spin to add on, but I don't...except that friendships don't end just because people move. They end when people stop making a place for them in their lives. Friends, there's always space enough for you in my life. You don't have to tell me twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment