30.9.10

the alchemist



"People are afraid to pursue their most important dreams because they feel they don't deserve them, or that they'll be unable to achieve them."
---------
"The alchemist said, 'No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in the history of the world. And normally he doesn't know it.'
---------
"Well, then why should I listen to my heart?"
"Because you will never again be able to keep it quiet. Even if you pretend not to have heard what it tells you, it will always be there inside you, repeating to you what you're thinking about life and the world...You will never be able to escape your heart."
----------
"We are afraid of losing what we have, whether it's our life or our possessions and property. But this fear evaporates when we understand that our life stories and the history of the world were written by the same hand."

Just finished reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and have told myself that I am never allowed to give up on my dreams. I may have found them in my heart, but someone greater put them there and with Him, I'll see them come to life. Never give up, no not ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment