16.3.10

i'll remember you

This past weekend, I saw the new film, Remember Me. My friends and I left the theater having experienced a movie totally different than what we expected. Turns out, Remember Me is the kind of movie that stays with you long after the credits roll. Three days later, I'm still thinking about it.

It's a moving film for many reasons but above all, the predominant message is about the difference each person makes in the lives of others. Remember Me shows that what you say and how you react to others matters. In the movie it's how the main character treats the people he loves and knows the best that matters the most. We can never know what others take away from what we say or do- but they do take away something. What we do and how we treat others matters. For good and for bad we affect others.

The more I think on Remember Me, the more I love the film. I've started to examine the way I treat not only strangers, but my roommates, friends, and classmates. Am I a positive influence or a negative one? Do I shine light or stay in the dark? Am I authentic and honest or just say what others expect to hear? Will I regret doing this? Will I regret not doing this?
Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world...By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven. Matthew 5:15...17 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment