10.4.10

gumption



Sometimes, I lose it...

Isn't it funny how we see others so clearly- their beautiful hearts, tenacious spirits, and all bright possibilities in their yet to come? Yet most often we can't see any of that in ourselves. Lately, I haven't been trusting the person that counts the most- God. I've succumbed to a slump of believing that whatever is next is going to be mediocre, so-so, not what I want. Oh how my heart is prone to wander...and when it does, I also lose focus and passion. I can't believe that I let myself forget that the excitement is right now, wherever that may be- on this leg of the journey. So what- yes, I don't know what to do next, but I know someone who does. Everyday I'm going to tell myself to take today's steps and know that goodness, mercy, and love are in this day and step. I'm going to remind myself that He who has given me this most beautiful of lives isn't done. And then I'll repeat that as many times as it takes for myself to start believing it and living it out.

And if you're wondering why I included the photo above, it's because anyone who wear those masterpieces has got to have gumption. Oh, most definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment