26.6.10

gone walkin



I'm leaving today for the mountains. I'll be gone for a week, backpacking the spectacular New Mexican wilderness. Mountains, valleys, more stars than you ever imagined, quiet, solitude, challenges, and adventure. No iPhone, no computer, zero contact with the outside world, and very little contact with other people outside of those in my group. It's a chance to take stock of yourself, regroup, time to talk and walk with God, and enjoy the basic pleasures of life. This will be my first backpacking trip without my dad and he will be missed.

Walk with me and work with me- watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly. Matthew 11:29-30

No comments:

Post a Comment