25.11.09

happy birthday, ddd

+

=
Happy Birthday, Delta Delta Delta
On Thanksgiving Eve 1888, approximately one hundred and twenty-one years ago today, two woman at Boston University decided to form a new organization. "Let us found a society that shall be kind alike to all and think more of a girl's inner self and character than of her personal appearance." And so with it's first four member, the sorority Delta Delta Delta began.

Some people are quick to judge Greek organizations, claiming that they are just ways to buy friends or party through college. While I can't say that Greek groups are perfect, I can say that I have been changed by the last three years I have spent in Tri Delta. In Tri Delt, I have watched two hundred plus girls with one goal in mind, accomplish great things. I've learned about what excellence and what it means to strive for excellence in everything you do. I have seen and experienced examples of steadfast love- the kind of love that is an imitation of Christ. In Tri Delt, I've learned, I've served, I've been changed by the girls around me and by the mission that guides us. And my story is only one among thousands. For one hundred and twenty-one years, Tri Delta has been changing lives. On the eve of Thanksgiving, I'm thankful that I am among those lives changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment