26.11.09

for these i am thankful..

Beyond the clear and obvious that I am thankful for this year(my relationship of love, grace and salvation with I Am, my family, friends, and good health) here are a few silly (and not so silly) things for which I too, am thankful for:

coffee, happy hour at Common Grounds, red leaves, scarves, Glee, the possibility of Paris, Lolita's breakfast burritos, hydrangea, Gossip Girl, internships at Fort Worth, Texas Magazine and Catholic Charities, the style section of The New York Times, writing, the power of the written word, a free heart, ads for Tiffany & Co., new friends, $5 movies in Waco, gut packs from Vitek's, swings, blogs, flowers and headbands to wear in my hair, boots and tights, Sonic Happy Hour, weheartit.com, the beauty of nature, that New Moon the movie is way better than Twilight the movie, the budding success of Kate Leverenz Photography, the overflowing talent of Kate Leverenz, sunsets, windows, the feeling that comes from soaking up every moment of the last year of college, the ever fabulous Sarah Jessica Parker and her alter ego Carrie Bradshaw and the inspiration they provide, the bravery of David Crowder's music, days of class that don't start until 11 am, performing front row in Pigskin, shoes, canceled class, and

the fact that no matter how far I might run or hard I might try, God will always be there. No matter what I think I might have done, His grace is greater, His love is more crushing, and His presence is more powerful. That He is willing and wanting to make me more like his Son every day and that He is never willing to give up on me. It's more than I will ever deserve, more than I could ever put into words, and what I will probably spend the rest of my life trying to articulate.
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2: 6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment