4.8.10

moved on?


Visiting Waco last weekend was a refreshing experience. Staying with a dear friend and visiting with many others, gallivanting to and from favorite shops, and indulging at most of my favorite Waco dives, it was fun to be back in my college town. I even lucked out and got a little quality time with Baylor itself; because it's summer, campus was deserted, allowing it to be just me and Baylor- the way I love it.

While it felt good to be back, I think it felt even better when I realized that my attachment to Baylor and Waco has severely weakened since graduation. My heart does twinge when I think of many friends who will be returning to school in just a few weeks, but I think I've begun moving past Baylor. It was an incredible, practically blissful four years, but I'm happy to say that I'm excited about what's happening in my life now as well as what might be just around the corner. Trust me, this wasn't an overnight process, in fact, I fought it the whole way. Nevertheless here I am: removed and okay with it. Incredibly thankful for a beautiful past but sincerely grateful for a future.

There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears.
Philippians 1:6
[The Message]

No comments:

Post a Comment