13.8.10

those days

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. Hebrews 6:19

Some days it's easy to take a quick glance at myself and lose hope. It sometimes feels and looks like I'm doing nothing and that nothing ever will come of me.  Those, of course, are the days when I listen to my flesh and the world. I let myself forget the Hope I have inside of me.

The writer of Hebrews is right, the Hope I have truly is my anchor for everything. It's the one thing I cling to today and every other day when I know little to nothing about what's going to happen in my life. I cling to Hope because Jesus is my one security in this life and I know that He has great things for me.

On the days that I do remember this Hope, I cling to it with all I have. Like a buoy in the raging sea, it keeps me above the water. Even more, on those days, I feel such a relief because I remember that the future isn't all on me. He who gives me great dreams, will also bring a means to realizing those great dreams. After all, they weren't my dreams to begin with, but His. On those days, I feel an incredible glow, or better yet, power from within because on those days I remember that Jesus is not only my anchor, but also my provider. His plans and dreams for my life exceed my most daring ones. 

He is my hope secure, my anchor strong.

I really like those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment