23.8.10

quote jar


Right before I left Waco this summer, a few friends and I picked ten quotes each that we love, that we love to laugh at, and that move us. We made copies, gave them to each other and sealed them away in mason jars. I've been staring at my jar all summer and finally opened it last night. Just as I excepted, I could hear my friends voices and laughs behind each quote. Here are few of my favorites:

Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation. -Elton Trueblood

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered. -Nelson Mandela

Ever notice how 'What the hell' is always the right answer? -Marliyn Monroe

I don't know why I find his stupidity charming. I mean, he's cheating off a girl who thinks the square root of four is rainbows. -Kurk from GLEE

The reason God changes people is to use them to change the world. -David Daniels

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list. -Susan Sontag

No comments:

Post a Comment